Google
Pinoyagribusiness
July 27, 2024, 08:06:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: A sow will farrow in approximately 114 days.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: sow  (Read 3618 times)
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 09:46:34 PM »

Hi nemo I do believe its commercial land at least thats what there paying for in tax.not residential.I do have a hollow block fence already we built if 6 ft high do you think it would be better to build even higher?We have septic tanks and my brother inlaw washes them 2 times a day so really there is no smell,but we only have 25 sows but if it goes up to 100 wow then things might change..and yes we will be making gas do you think making the gas will help with the smell?I am also very interested in these trees you are talking about.Again thankx for the fast reply and help.
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 10:44:25 PM »

THe higher the better The logic behind it is that normally gas would go up because it is lighter but it could be drag by wind so if you have a higher fence the gas will crawl up before it could be drag by the wind toward your neighbor.

Actually making gas is only an additional assest because you could use your septic more economically by having a by product that is the gas and compared to an open system it smell less.

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 01:08:36 PM »

Hey nemo thankx again I realy like your forum yes its small but all my questions get answered fast.Anyway maybe I sould build the fence bigger so it looks so awfull now one would like to live beside it hehe and keep the odour inside. You really think it will work?Have you seen such a big fence before?
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 03:31:49 PM »

Good day Mr Hog,I red on the net some time back,this comes from the Philippines,some hog farmers use bamboo charcoal mixed in their hog feed to help with the hogs odors,never said how much to use and said only bamboo charcoal,told my brother-in-law about it,lucky for us we live in a farming belt and no worries about residential development,also we had to get a license from our mayor for the hog operation.Good Farming To You
P.S. Mr Nemo is the expert here DVM,his call on the bamboo charcoal.
we use all our hog manure for the crops.                mikey                                                                                               
Mr Nemo,you have the best WEBSITE in all of the Philippines,I have been to alot of websites,I vote this site number #1
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:48:06 PM by mikey » Logged
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 06:27:20 PM »

Mr. Hog most commercial farm here in the Philippines do have a high wall to prevent future problems with neighbors they call it  wind breakers. IT would work but it is costly so rather than do build it now try to wait until someone bought the farm besides you.

Mikey and everybody Thanks for the support.

Yes some also use charcoal but i prefer it to be sprinkled in the manure rather than to be mixed with the feeds. It is like what our Nanay do when they put charcoal in the refrigerator to absorb the odor. Mixing it to the feeds will decrease the odor but sometimes it also decreased the nutrients that is absorb by the pigs gut.
Some feeds manufacturer today put Yucca extract in their feed so it will minimize the odor.

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 09:52:33 PM »

Thankx again folks for the help.I will wait and see what happenes to the land beside us.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy