Google
Pinoyagribusiness
October 18, 2024, 08:23:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: 150 days from birth is the average time you need to sell your pigs for slaughter and it is about 85 kgs on average.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Too slow  (Read 3321 times)
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2007, 08:49:05 AM »

Why do things move so slowly of in the phills?Its just painfull Been asking the family members over there to get a meat shop going..They allways say there none for rent..then I always try to tell them see if we can buy one..Everyone is allways looking to make a few pesos. Again I try to explain to the wife it will help with the feeds and max are profits skipping the middle man all together they just dont get it..Maybe I will have to try to get a leave from my work or just quit my job her in canada and get everything running as I like it too be.Then when I get back to canada get another welding job. I just have to much money and time involved in this pig buss.Would there be anyway to find out if there is any stalls for sale through the net?When I was there in july talked to a guy who sold 20 pigs a day at the market that would be more $$$$cash then I make a day her in canada go figure.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 08:52:38 AM by mr hog » Logged
SARA
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 10:31:28 AM »

Mr.Hog,I understand what you mean. I started sort of a business back in PI 2 years ago which my brother-in-law was the one running it, I supporte him with cash and education (training), everytime I called he said everything was OK then I went home last year in a short notice that I found out everything I told him to do was only half done. I told him that I don't want to continue the business and he begged to give him another chance but I refused, worst case my father-in-law also got mad at me to the point that he chased me out of the house. What I'm saying is its hard to let somebody run your business. Now, what I'm going to do as I said The whole family will go back to the PHILIPPINES (wife &2 kids)and do business myself leaving my RN job behind here in Canada, worst case scenario if things go wrong in PI will just go back here toronto and find another RN job.

Robbie 
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 12:33:02 PM »

Hey robbie you have a nice job in toronto..You must think you will make big money in the phills?or do you just want to get buss up and running then go back to canada?
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 03:30:54 PM »

Mr Hog,remember 3 weeks ago i was ready to throw in the towel with the hog business,we find out the brother in law was charging us by the kilo for the hog chow when we were paying for 50 kilo sacks,he had 5 extra sows we did not know was there and we were paying for their feed and he collected the money and kept it for himself,he was charging us 6000.00 peso a month for the goat care,we find out our prized fullblood goats were just skin and bones,that really pissed me off then,had to hire another manager the sister in law who we bought the welding shop for,her and her husband took the bankrupt shop and turned it around,thank god for her,she told us about the state of the goats,now with the proper feed the goats are doing better,minus the one that died of grain overload,my fault.It was you who told me not to give up,and I am hanging in there to the end,starting in Dec.will take full control of the hog operation there,they have their warning,we want receipts on everything,and we mean everything,we will find our own market and will invest in a truck to get us to Cebu,it is possible maybe they are unable to rent a stall,you may be right,you may need to grease some palms there,buy someone out,money talks,you are lucky 5 min. from the public market,us we are so remote the flies cannot find us,hehehe.Hang in there,if I knew what I know now about hog farming,would have done it way different,spent less on the barns and started with a few sows and work our way up slowly,the feed is a killer,look how spread out the wife and I are,pay for 3 helpers and their meals,the brother in laws food bill and hydro bill,every time they break their cell phone end up buying them another one,the list goes on and on and on.Mr Hog,you have to admit its rather exciting,you know when you phone there something has screwed up and they need more money lol,its funny tho.never enough money,those hogs are eating better than I am.God I do love the Philippines,I work in the field most of the time and when its cold as hell out,I daydream about that nice hot weather there,keeps me going alot of the time.DO NOT GIVE UP,thing will get better I am sure,think positive.        Good Farming                mikey
SARA
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 08:39:15 PM »

Mikey & Mr.hog, Surrender or die, hehehehehehe. Same dreams guys, that's why I decided to give it a try in the philippines. If again things go on the opposite direction? well back here in Canada again.

Definitely learning from you guys. As you guys said start small until you get it perfect but if I run out ammo. until I succeed again back in Canada save again, at least second time around you know what to do.
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 09:43:22 PM »

Thankx alot for the much needed support mikey.
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 01:22:51 AM »

Boys,men like their toys,these farming ventures is my toys.Mr Hog do not give up on me now,you pumped me up weeks ago,do not jump ship on me.Mr Hog you and I made the same mistake,we tried to get to big too fast,look at from this point of view,we are going through growing pains,will be painful in the short term,but the long term looks good for us farmers,the country needs food,we are sitting on a gold mine.In the long run we will get it straighten out.
Good Farming Boys and Sara can learn from our mistakes,before he and his family makes the same mistakes we made.In time boys we will sit back and laugh about this moment,but not today.
The good Doc. has been quiet tho.                        mikey
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 01:37:31 AM »

I have been busy trying to migrate our forum to another server. Grin Grin There are chances that some part of this post could be loss.

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 03:00:29 AM »

I will leave that in your capable hands Doc.
mikey
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 03:07:37 AM »

Sara,you know what they say,dreams are free,try to make them real is the expensive part,lol
Good Day                       mikey
SARA
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 03:14:15 AM »

Mikey,you're right. My home sweet home is getting closer or maybe not. Good luck to myself.
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 09:05:08 AM »

Mikey Dont worry I wont give up Grin Grin
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 02:46:48 PM »

Mr Hog,in the near future you will have a large operation,just going through growing pains now,things have a way of working themselves out.
All in good time,we both have too much to lose at this point in time.
Good Farming To You                          mikey
tomato_sus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 04:56:47 PM »

Mr Hog,in the near future you will have a large operation,just going through growing pains now,things have a way of working themselves out.

After I have read your sentiments and failures, I am wondering now what will happen to my 3 sows, I have workers there at the farm and I am working here at Manila.. a large percentage of my salary is going directly to my backyard farm at batangas.. Receipt will me my last shining armor. Smiley
zambosibfattener

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 08:47:12 PM »

do you guys speak tagalog? anyway.. mas maganda talaga ung isa sa inyo ang mag manage ng farm ninyo.. mahirap kasi kahit kapatid mo tinitira ka. i mean pinapakain nyo na.. kakainin pa pati siko ninyo.. kaya mas maganda may mga recibo.. or iether kung di ma manage ng asawa nyo.. maybe stop it..ganun din ang gagawin ko pag nakapag labas yung asawa ko.. sya kasi ngayon yung nag aalaga and i trusted her.. not my mother-n-law,, their sister or family iehter.. kasi nangyari na yun sa akin. 18 days lang nawala kami dun sa bahay at yung kapatid na niya yung nag alaga.. pag uwi namin.. ganun pa rin ka lagi ang alaga kaya. its iether the three ang gagawin nyo.. kayo na ang bahala.. maganda ang hog business.. ang problema is the manager.

yun din ang sentimento ko..

After I have read your sentiments and failures, I am wondering now what will happen to my 3 sows, I have workers there at the farm and I am working here at Manila.. a large percentage of my salary is going directly to my backyard farm at batangas.. Receipt will me my last shining armor. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy