Google
Pinoyagribusiness
October 18, 2024, 05:19:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: 150 days from birth is the average time you need to sell your pigs for slaughter and it is about 85 kgs on average.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: hog contract growing  (Read 8002 times)
gemmadiel
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2007, 11:09:11 AM »

We are planning to start a piggery here in Negros Occidental on a contract growing scheme. Please help where i can contact company/s who are into this kind of scheme.
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 02:34:39 PM »

Greetings!

I have emailed you the email address of lalaine. I think their company is into this system.

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 04:01:34 PM »

Doc, I think Negros Occidental is planning on building a large hog processing plant,red this some time back,they wish to start exporting pork.
Contract may not be so bad,at least one would know the prices one could expect to receive from their stock,better able to plan and manage the operating expensives,might be a future in contract hog farming.
Good Day                        mikey
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:40:32 PM »

The visayas area is now becoming a hog haven. If i am not mistaking currently Cebu has the highest population of pigs now.

Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 03:11:42 AM »

Doc, Region 7 was always known as the bread belt of the Philippines.Have been told alot of the stock is shipped to Manila to feed the people there from Cebu,for us the key is transportation.Good Farming Boys and Girls.
mikey
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 10:55:42 AM »

Just keep on farming ang manila will keep on buying. Grin

Swine Manual Raffle
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 09:49:27 PM »

second largest hog industry in the philippines is located in gensan. 1st is bulacan

hog contract growing hmmmmmmmm  paano ka kikita kung controlado ang feeds mo ng contartor number one problem mo dyan nutritional requirement ng baboy na me meet ba what if ayaw ng contractor kumita ka ng malaki . marami ako nakilala monterey contract grower lahat sila nag rereklamo.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 09:54:22 PM by Slyfox » Logged

mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 02:43:52 AM »

I have red about the major problem being the high cost of feeds,some of the big boys are out of the bus. due to high operation cost(s).Profit margins are always smaller while your operation expensives climb.Sometimes one walks a very fine line.
mikey
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 05:58:29 AM »

kung talaga maganda ang contract growing bakit pa nila ipa contrata sa iyo yan HuhHuh   kaya gusto nila mag contract grower ka para ikaw mismo ang pagkakitaan nila.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:09:47 PM by Slyfox » Logged

nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 11:18:52 AM »

Contract growing is a marketing and financial strategy.

Marketing in a sense that they need a steady supply of product and promote their company as a premium supplier of hogs.

Financial in a sense that rather than hire people to work for them as laborer and pay premiums like SSS, philhealth etc they will just use contract growing system.

Same as poultry not all will succeed with contract growing. One friend of mine say that in poultry contract growing sometimes they loss 2 harvest and break even in another 2 and earn in 1 harvest. There are times that year end they earn.

IT's the same with franchising it is not a sure game that you will earn if you franchise their tried and tested product.

I'm not saying that contract growing is not a good investment.
Just want to remind you that livestock is not an easy business to deal with but once you have mastered it, it is very rewarding.
You will just sit like a king and monitor your farm Grin

Swine Manual Raffle
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 12:09:11 PM »

i have two fren who engage on hog contract grower. one is a vet and the other one biznizman. closed na sila in just 1 year. monterey yan. matagal daw lumaki ang baboy tapos mataba pa.  :-(

nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 12:51:41 PM »

No offense sa vet friend, but contract growing cost around 3 million according to one poster here. If i have that kind of money and i am a vet then i would just build  my own farm. Ako pa boss ng sarili kong farm.

They should contest it with monterey especially if the vet incharged with them could/will validate that the hogs are slow growers.

Swine Manual Raffle
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 05:41:40 PM »

the vet just rent a vacant piggery. maraming palusot ang  contractor. kapag naka sign ka na parang carabao ka na nila hehehehehehehehehehehe

nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 08:01:25 PM »

Now i know why he opted for contract growing.

He still lacks land.

Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 08:31:46 PM »

Doc,on the second thought,will just stay a independant  producer, we own our land,are our own boss,we are the investors,our money,our way.
The glass is half full.
Good Day Doc.                      mikey INDEPENDANT PRODUCER
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy