Google
Pinoyagribusiness
September 08, 2024, 10:58:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: 150 days from birth is the average time you need to sell your pigs for slaughter and it is about 85 kgs on average.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: hog contract growing  (Read 7606 times)
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2007, 05:37:54 AM »

@lalaine

how much a contract grower earn per head ?  in your company 

mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2007, 10:26:14 AM »

I just cant see how you can make much profit on cotract growing.When your the owner of your own farm and  cant make a good profit with the feed cost how they are?Why would you want sombody else to make a profit off you?It already tuff enough is it not?I can only see it would be a great advantage if they pay for all the feeds and build all the sow cages and fatteners cages.So please explain to me why sombody would like to do contract in hog raising?
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2007, 11:57:54 AM »

Mr Hog,I think correct me if I am wrong,under contact growing,the company buys your stock from you at a set price,must mean they have slaughter plants and retail stores to sell the product.They claim to offer you some free vet care,the feed end of it,am sure they own their own milling plants that supply feeds to all their contract operators.As with all contracts there would be strict limitations as,number(s) produced on a steady bases,housing,foundation stock,may be even location.There would be alot of fine print,you know what I mean.Am sure it is a production line operation system.
Good Farming:mikey
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 01:00:36 AM »

In contract growing the company provides the feed, vet support, the animal.

Manpower, electricity and medicine shall be your responsibility.

They will pay you a certain amount but you have to meet their requirement, weight and fcr of the animal.

If you have exceeded the target they will pay additional.

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007, 01:23:05 AM »

Hi doc do you recommend this contract growing?
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 01:59:17 AM »

If your area has very limited middle man/biyahero or liveweight price always so low then i would say it is a good alternative.

WHY?

Instead of using 100% of your money for feed, medicine, animal stocks you only need to us around 30%

Less risk, isn't it?

But always remember that it is a business and there is no guarantee that you will succeed.

And always read the contract. If there are things that you think unachievable then do not sign.

In bulacan back around 2003 i have heard of a small company that provide contract growing. In their system they will provide medicine, feeds, animal. Your responsibility is just to take care of the animal. the target weight is 80 kgs. You will not be liable if some of the animal die as long as you have to contact the vet in charge and wait for the vet to do its ocular inspection of the animal. They will pay you 200 pesos per animal and if you exceeded 85 kgs an additional pay is given.  If you did not reach your target of 80 kgs. they will not pay you.

In the system above it is a win-win for the farmer.  almost 0% investment (excluding building). They don't need to worry about disease because it is the responsibilty of the vet.  And most of all there is no penalty if they did not reach the target weight.

But if you do not reach your target chances that they will renew your contract is very small.

Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 02:06:36 AM »

Not all company have the same protocol/ agreement style.  So read carefully the contract/agreement before signing.

Swine Manual Raffle
genie_ps
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2007, 06:16:23 AM »

Not all company have the same protocol/ agreement style.  So read carefully the contract/agreement before signing.

Worse thing, if you fail to reach the agreed F.C.R. (Feed Convertion Rate), you have to pay penalty instead.  So that would even mean, you paying them instead of them paying you.  That's my true experience with poultry contract growing that's why I had to resort to piggery.   
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2007, 09:39:09 AM »

Thankx genie much needed info about this contract growing to good to be true?
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 11:53:49 AM »

Worse thing, if you fail to reach the agreed F.C.R. (Feed Convertion Rate), you have to pay penalty instead.  So that would even mean, you paying them instead of them paying you.  That's my true experience with poultry contract growing that's why I had to resort to piggery.   

that's number one problem FCR. what if they gave you LOW DENSE feeds. i have frens who has contract with monterey (pig) , swift , magnolia , vitarich and etc..... (chicken). they say they dont have control on feeds and they dont know what the ingredient of the feeds.

last 3 months monterey slaugther personnel told me that there pig (contract grower produce) are FAT compare to other commercial hog farmer pig.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 12:00:58 PM by Slyfox » Logged

nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2007, 06:28:28 PM »

last 3 months monterey slaugther personnel told me that there pig (contract grower produce) are FAT compare to other commercial hog farmer pig.

Maybe the hogs that are being sold to different supermarket are from monteray farm and the ones from contract growers are used in canned product.

If the animal is fat then it is good for their canned products the more fat the more tasty it could be.

Swine Manual Raffle
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2007, 07:34:04 PM »

yes fat pig goes to Purefoods but monterey is a seperate division of san miguel.purefoods is not buying pig from monterey.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy