Google
Pinoyagribusiness
July 27, 2024, 10:43:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: A sow will farrow in approximately 114 days.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cost to maintain a 5-sow level  (Read 4962 times)
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 12:33:32 PM »

Mikey my comp was down had to get a new one. Soon I will be able to put up the photos and video soon.Mikey I AM in the same boat as you.Ever think about importing feeds from canada?
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 03:21:05 AM »

Mr. Hog,okay will great to see your farm operation.My wife and I have decided to sell off 10 sows and only keep 20 sows,will see what happens,getting too expensive the operating costs.We did look into shipping feed from Canada,that is expensive also,we could not save any money that way.We are more interested in goat farming,as the rainny season starts,goats need more attention,our boer buck just arrived yesterday from Cebu,worth more than a cow.
Good Farming To You                     mikey
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 08:47:44 AM »

Mr doc I was thinking what if some big pig farmers gather together and import some feeds from abroud you think that would be good?large volume?just a thought
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 11:29:35 PM »

It is possible the only hindrace is the shelf life of the feeds.  usually a feed would be good for 2 months (pellet).  Usual mode of transfer of goods is through ship because it is much cheaper. If you will aircargo it,  it might jack up the price of the feeds.

In the philippines the feed millers associations import corn by bulk so they could have a better deal in the price of corn and other ingredients.

Big farm buy ingredients abroad and they mix it here. Some of these farm sell their feeds at a much cheaper price compared to commercial feed company.

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 02:58:30 PM »

Dr.Nemo,so what you are saying is that,large hog operators make their own crumble??The wife and I are running out of options,I am running out of patiences,something to look into.   Good Day To You Doc.    mikey
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 08:28:20 PM »

Those who have 100 sow above usually mixed their own feeds. And they customized it according to the breed they have in their farm. The source of ingredients sometimes from local area or abroad.

If they don't the machinery to do it they just ask feed millers to mixed it for them in accordance to their specs. and they will pay a certain fee for the milling of it.

Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 02:24:35 AM »

Dr. Nemo,I understand,am sure with the formula you gave me,cross my fingers that the seeds grow,should be able to mix our own I believe in 2008 season,okay,tell me,I have the formula,if the seeds grow well,and we know how many kilos of each to mix,am thinking about getting a new cement mixer to use to mix everything together,the crumble is dry anyways,what do you think about my idea using a electric cement mixer,will buy 1 for our goats anyway for mixing the concentrates for them.
Good Day To You Doc.                mikey
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 08:42:56 AM »

Cement mixer will do the job also.

IF you can find a feed mixer with the same price as a cement mixer then much better.

One friend of my only use a shovel to mix their feed. They just lay all the ingredients in the floor and then shovel it back and forth.

The rule they use is that mix first the one with smaller quantities, example the smallest quantities to be mix is copra and molasses, they will first mix this. IF it is already mixed together they will mix it to the next ingredient so on up to the largest ingredient.

Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 02:53:02 PM »

Dr. Nemo,great advise as always,not sure what a feed mixer looks like,we own the local welding shop,if we knew what it looks like maybe we could build our own feed mixer,but I think it would be easier to buy a new cement mixer. Thanks again            Good Day To You          mikey
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 12:39:46 AM »

Yup it is easier to buy a cement mixer.

Here are some pic of feed mixer taken from the net

NOte: mozilla firefox cannot read the picture image try to use internet explorer instead

« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 12:48:19 AM by nemo » Logged

Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2007, 02:00:48 AM »

Dr. Nemo,thanks again,picture is interesting,think a cement mixer is easier for us.  Good Day To You                          mikey
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2007, 12:36:18 AM »

Yeah, it is less problematic you just buy a mixer. Grin

Swine Manual Raffle
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy