Google
Pinoyagribusiness
September 08, 2024, 11:06:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: 150 days from birth is the average time you need to sell your pigs for slaughter and it is about 85 kgs on average.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: can I make my own pig crumble  (Read 9108 times)
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008, 12:18:41 PM »

Hey slyfox what you mean good luck hehehhe? I know you have the forumla why dont you share some of your trade secrets with us?

i already shared may booster/prestater feed formulation. i can't find the thread

kung gusto ninyo murang pagkain punta lang kayo sa fastfood chain doon maraming left over food ayan pweding pwede sa baboy. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:23:35 PM by Slyfox » Logged

mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 12:32:55 PM »

slyfox what the last line you said?
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 12:40:40 PM »

dont experiment gestating , lactating ,boaster and prestater feed because this is the crucial time of pig.

there's a lot commercial feed in visayas and mindanao. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 04:13:49 PM by Slyfox » Logged

mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 06:31:59 AM »

I would be the first to agree,commercial feeds will always be a producer(s) first choice.Experimenting around,one needs to accept the losses that goes with it,if you cannot afford the losses,you cannot afford to experiment.The point of the article is,it is possible to make a mash for sows and boers.This formulation has its drawbacks,limited to only sows,needs some more experimenting and fine tuning.What works at one farm may not work at another farm.One needs a far amount of land to plant all these foodstuffs to make a mash.
Good Farming To All:
mikey region 7 Independant
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 07:19:06 PM »

Feeding Food Wastes to Livestock1
By Robert Myer and Holly Johnson2- Many food wastes have a high nutritional value, and recycling them for animal feed can be a viable waste disposal option.

What are Food Wastes?

The term "food waste" used in this fact sheet is applied to wasted food from the food service industry (i.e. restaurants) and grocery stores. These wastes include plate waste (scrapings), food leftovers, kitchen wastes, spoiled food, expired food, mislabeled food, etc. Other terms to describe these wastes include food residuals, plate waste and kitchen scraps. Two older terms, "garbage" and "swill," are still used, but the livestock and waste management industries prefer not to use these older terms.
Feeding Food Wastes to Livestock

Many kinds of food waste can be fed directly to livestock with minimal processing. Food waste that does not contain meat or meat by-products and has not been in contact with meat or meat by-products is exempt from federal and Florida regulations and can be fed to cattle and swine with no processing.

Food wastes that include meat or meat by-products or that have been in contact with meat or meat by-products can be fed to swine. Individuals who plan to feed swine this type of food waste must be licensed as food waste feeders (garbage feeders) by the state of Florida3. The state has adopted regulations set forth in the Federal 1980 Swine Health Protection Act.4 Under these regulations, food wastes with meat or meat by-products or that have been in contact with meat or meat by-products must be cooked at 212°F (100°C) (boiled) for at least 30 minutes before being used as swine feed. There over 100 licensed swine food waste feeders in Florida. Licenses must be renewed annually. The state of Florida has inspectors who will periodically visit swine food waste feeders to ensure that cooking regulations are being followed.

Cattle can be fed food wastes containing meat or meat by-products or that have been in contact with meat or meat by-products as long as these wastes were from food intended for human consumption. In January of 2004, however, the Federal government proposed four rule changes to restrict feeding of food waste containing meat to cattle. This proposal was the result of the first confirmed case of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE; "mad cow disease") in cattle in the United States. One of these rules states that plate waste cannot be fed to ruminant animals. The reason for this proposed ban is that it is hard to distinguish protein of ruminant origin that may be in plate waste/food waste from protein of ruminant origin in banned rendered products. (Since 1997 it has been illegal in the USA to feed various rendered feed products such as meat and bone meal of ruminant origin to cattle and sheep and other ruminant animals. This ban was put in place in response to the BSE outbreak in Europe). As of 2007, however, the proposed rule changes have not been implemented. Therefore, it is still legal to feed food wastes that contain meat or that have been in contact with meat to cattle. Be aware that this can change in the future.

Footnotes

1. This document is Fact sheet AS116, one of a series of the Animal Science Department, Florida Cooperative Extension Services, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida. Please visit the EDIS web site at http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu . This document was revised on July 2004, and again on April 2007.
   2. R.O. Myer, Professor of Animal Science, North Florida Research and Education Center, Marianna, Florida; and Holly Johnson, former Graduate Assistant, Center for Biomass Programs, Cooperative Extension Service, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32611.
   3. Florida Division of Animal Industry Rules, Chapter 5C-11 (5C-11.015; Feeding Garbage; Application for Permit Fees; form DACS-09015).
   4. Florida Division of animal Industry Rules, Chapter 5C-11 (5C-11.017, Feeding Garbage; Procedures, Equipment, Records, Quarantine, and Pre-treating Requirements).

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 07:22:52 PM by Slyfox » Logged

mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2008, 08:34:58 AM »

food waste is fed to growers usually.One problem with food waste is there is always a chance your hogs will get sick or worst case (death).Cooking food waste first,no guarantee your hogs will not get sick.Its a chance you take.Knowing the source of the food wastes is helpful.Good Luck.
mikey,Region 7 Independant
fathers pride

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2008, 07:08:29 PM »

Mikey,

I have made a swine formulation for fattener and sent it through your email. If you are really trying to look for an alternative feed you could try this although i cannot guarantee it for i have never tested it i have only computed it through referencing books. And also i would state that still the best feeds are the commercial feeds even it cost alot.

What i could only guarantee is that it is better compared to randomly feeding the pigs with just any feed stuff that is available.

Check also whether the cost to produce this feed is cheaper than what you are buying. If not then better to  continue your commercial feeds.

You could try to sample a few of your pig just to see if it is suited to their needs.

Nemo

GOOD DAY DOC.
fathers pride

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2008, 09:03:50 PM »

doc can you send me your feed formulation.
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2008, 08:01:35 PM »

Sorry i could not find the formula na.

I would try to send you once i found it.

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
fathers pride

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2008, 08:30:55 PM »

Thank you po. Hope that you can find it. Thanks again
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2008, 09:55:24 PM »

I have posted some feed formula taken from a magazine.

Hope this could help.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 06:57:08 PM by nemo » Logged

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy