Google
Pinoyagribusiness
March 29, 2024, 12:08:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: 150 days from birth is the average time you need to sell your pigs for slaughter and it is about 85 kgs on average.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone having hype to Aquaponics  (Read 2533 times)
gunder_3910

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2008, 12:44:41 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I am apparently getting tired of beating around the bush with regards to the monetary returns of my business in the agricultural side. Let's face it, the high cost of living that is proportionate to the crazy economics of raising pigs, chicken and all these livestock animals will have difficulty surviving considering the cost vis-à-vis the prices we sell these in the market.

I suppose it’s just a matter of time and many of us will close shop!

However, I happen to meet a farmer friend asking my opinion about pumps. Bringing up the matter to light, he told me that his new (& crazy) hobby was aquaponics. Believe you me, even Microsoft Word underscored this word with a red line. He showed me several pictures he has accomplished in his backyard & I was almost convinced that my friend is going mad!

Apparently, if it weren’t for his track record of being a genius (having finished # 9 in the nursing board exam without enrolling at a review center) I would have dismissed his project as a work of an insane person.

But what the heck, I sat down for 30 minutes, and my-oh-my this guy was indeed talking sense!

I suppose somebody in this forum must have some idea about what this is all about!

Thanks

Gun

nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 10:32:01 PM »

Maybe he means, hydroponics?

You will grow plants in water, this water is then fortified with nutrients the plant needs. This technology is not new, many are already engaging in this kind of growing.

Below is a simple hydroponics, the principle is the same with big hydroponic farms

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
gunder_3910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 12:42:33 AM »

Thanks for the video feed Nemo. It was very interesting. Yes, that was hydroponics indeed. But there is such a thing called aquaponics which I suppose is a derivative of hydroponics. So what would you say about this in terms of viability –say the economics of it? Would this be rewarding in terms of alleviation to our daily demand for veggies?

The recent typhoon Frank devastated the entire island of Panay. What I really want to say here is that because of such devastation, the middle income going down to the poor could no longer easily afford to buy vegetables. My mom gave a heavy sigh when I arrived home this evening about the rising prices of commodities. She told me that the prices of vegetables that used to be costing her P100.00 in the wet market down at La Paz is already P300.00. This is very alarming considering that land over here is very fertile, not to mention 2nd in rice production next to the Central Plains of Luzon! My mom is an advocate of vegetable diet. That's probably one reason why cancer or hypertension has not been a big issue in her side of the family. Our country having been a dumping site in the past 2 decades of disease causing food in canned goods, synthetic sweeteners and the like by these rich and advanced countries.

Take for example aspartame. This has been the culprit of cancer in laboratory mice! It is being banned in other countries -but not in our country. As a matter of fact the manufacturer -ajonomoto, sold aspartame as the only ingredient as a sugar substitute. This among others are being drained in our bodies like as if we are invulnerable to these diseases! And the worse is multinational chain stores sprawled all over this country has brought about these food items and a generation or two has developed a passion and taste for these well-advertised poisonous food! What's happening? Are we just going to give up our children to this disease causing ready-to-eat food?

So to everyone out there, I am pleading, especially those who have degrees or to say the least courses in agriculture to input in this message board ways whereby we could have alternative means of  availing cheap source of vegetables in the area of hydroponics/aquaponics.

And as for my friend's aquaponic/hydroponic project, I have seen pictures of his set-up before Frank devastated everything he has worked hard for in this project he had set up. What interested me most was that everything in this endeavor has no synthetic/chemicals are incorporated! Everything is organic. I wish he would rebuild what was lost.

Lastly, I hope that we could make this not just a source of nutritious vegetables but also a handsome & attractive method of landscaping our yards.

Once again Nemo, thanks. I really wish we could be able to extract more info about this subject

gun
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 01:56:26 PM »

I will send you a file about hydroponics.

Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
gunder_3910

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 12:01:42 AM »

Thanks for the pdf files. I might just as well start on my own backyard.

Thanks
ganang_kain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 11:24:47 AM »

doc, baka puede din po maka-hingi ng files, kram01_1981@yahoo.com
thanks po,
ganang_kain

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 08:25:33 AM »

doc, na-received ko na po, thanks po
ganang_kain

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 09:24:53 AM »

doc, baka po meron kayong alam na mabibilan ng hydroponic nutrients dito sa manila. thanks po ulit
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 05:21:13 PM »

try mo kung meron ang store na ito:
harbest agribusiness
5 rosemarie lane, brgy kapitolyo pasig
671 74 11 -14

Swine Manual Raffle
ganang_kain

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 04:30:24 PM »

thanks doc, wala daw po sila doon, puro sa soil plants lang daw po sila, try ko na lang po humanap sa iba, pero baka meron pa din kayong alam na iba Smiley
thanks po ulit,
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 09:26:03 PM »

try this:
SL agritech corporation
Pasong tamo makati
813-78-28 loc. 533

Ramgo international corporation
pasig city
641-6808/6438883/6425828

exquisite focus phils
edsa qc

allied botanical corporation
cubao qc
911-0836
4376606 to 08

Swine Manual Raffle
ganang_kain

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 09:35:50 AM »

thanks doc, wala po talga, raw mats ang avail nila, hanap na lang din po ako sa iba, maraming salamat po ulit...
hatchkelso

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 12:07:26 AM »

doc pwede din ako makahingi nung file? delcarmencarlojann@yahoo.com
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 05:35:57 PM »

Sorry hatchkelso , wala na akong kopya nito nagreformat kasi ang computer ko and nadamay yun iba ko file

Swine Manual Raffle
hatchkelso

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 12:41:51 AM »

ok lang po doc nemo. may nahanap na din ako sa torrent. inupload ko nrn sa mediafire pra maishare ko dito.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fuvnt1hawp8tc16/HowTo%20Hydroponics.pdf

Smiley Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy