Google
Pinoyagribusiness
October 18, 2024, 05:17:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: A sow will farrow in approximately 114 days.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do native hogs taste better?  (Read 8288 times)
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 11:11:13 PM »

Mr Hog,is only trying to have the slyfox,show some guts and post it in english.Who cares what the Slyfox feeds his hogs,nobody in the city knows who raised what animal.The only thing that counts is,MONEY,at the end of the day,how much did it cost me/us to produce it,how much profit was earned.Our white breeding stock is fed our own SECRET FORMULA hehehe.Who cares?Huh?What works at one farm is not to say it will work at another farm(s).This year we plan to expand into the native hog market,we will produce both breeds.This is commonly known as a SECONDARY MARKET.My wife and I are looking into free range,all natural product,chemical free.This  is commonly known as speciality/niche market for such product(s).ORGANIC.Sometimes in order to gain in production,one will lose something in return,sometimes its the taste.
Good Farming To All:
doncorleone

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 04:46:35 AM »

Mr Hog,is only trying to have the slyfox,show some guts and post it in english.Who cares what the Slyfox feeds his hogs,nobody in the city knows who raised what animal.The only thing that counts is,MONEY,at the end of the day,how much did it cost me/us to produce it,how much profit was earned.Our white breeding stock is fed our own SECRET FORMULA hehehe.Who cares?Huh?What works at one farm is not to say it will work at another farm(s).This year we plan to expand into the native hog market,we will produce both breeds.This is commonly known as a SECONDARY MARKET.My wife and I are looking into free range,all natural product,chemical free.This  is commonly known as speciality/niche market for such product(s).ORGANIC.Sometimes in order to gain in production,one will lose something in return,sometimes its the taste.
Good Farming To All:

GoOd to hear Mickey that you're planning to expand into the native hog market to produce both breeds. Smiley What if you crossbred white hog  and native to get an upgrade native? like what you did on your goats(it seems that you are experimenting again) hehe Roll Eyes. Yes you are right that when you're going to the market the consumers do not know who raised that animal, But some stall in the market have their own name and reputation that their meat/pork is more juicy than the other. They have regular customer (SUKI), they know where it came from. (I think this is what slyfox means "the secret formula") the seller who have the best formula wins the customer. Many of the hog raiser today have their own mini mart (here, the customer now knows where it came) Grin, some are going to the malls. Most of the consumers are buying hog meat to the malls some are in the wet market.

Support the WHITE hog, support the NATIVE hog, support the low cholesterol GOAT. Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 05:03:32 AM by doncorleone » Logged
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2008, 06:21:49 AM »

Thats the plan,am told you breed a white sow to a native boar,the mother has too be the larger,plus pure natives.I am not sure what Slyfox means,it is hard for me to understand.What I do know for a fact is,our hogs are shipped to Cebu,then on to Manila.Now we are expanding with native/crosses,to help supply that market,maybe we will sell the native pork here,we are allowed only to sell frozen pork,but if we sell it cheaper than the other pork,then we may win over some costumers.What you say about flavour and taste makes sense if one is retailing their own product,or have buyer(s) from the wet markets with meat stalls.We have nothing to do with the wet market business,like I have been saying,ours is shipped off this island.
This is what we plan to work on,breed a large white sow to a native boar,keep the best mixed male,breed the male to a duroc sow.The new native sow we hope will be ready for breeding in about 60 days time.Study both groups for daily average gain and maintance cost.Breed the mixed white/native sows to a mixed native/white and study this group,we may be able to come up with something productive.The duroc and natives for their hardyness,the white and duroc for daily average gain,the white for good litter size,and good general overall size at maturity.A hog that requires less maintance,needs basic housing,able to become a pasture hog and has a decent daily average gain,fed on cheaper feeds.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:42:34 AM by mikey » Logged
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 06:24:00 AM »

Good Luck on your Native raising master mikey  Grin

mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 08:31:14 AM »

Well thank you Mr Slyfox,not sure how it will turn out,but may be worth a try.The native hog about 8 months old at our place is selling for 2000 pesos each.Looking for a low maintance hog,(pasture hog).
Good Farming To You:
mikey
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 09:46:23 AM »

Mikey your called the master now!
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2008, 10:39:16 AM »

jack of all trades,master of none,the story of my life.lol
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2008, 10:43:40 AM »

Sir Mikey, try to jack up the price of native. I think 2000 is not a justifiable price. Try to make it higher. if your native weight 60 kgs in 8 months and say you get 40 kgs of meat from it at 2000 pesos that would only be 50 pesos per kilo liveweight. Native is a special product so price should be special also.

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2008, 12:06:03 PM »

Very interesting Doc,I was talking to my wife,that later on we should try and organize the native producers and set a price we all agree on,some sort of Native Hog Union at our place if people are interested.
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2008, 12:18:41 PM »

mikey that sounds like a great idea a union
ruffneck

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2008, 11:59:18 AM »

Sir Nemo ask ko lang po may market b talaga para sa native hogs. Salamat.
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 09:57:53 PM »

It is up to you to find the market.

This is a special product and should be marketed at a special place like restaurant, beer house etc.

Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
CaMoTe

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2010, 05:59:46 AM »

ano po ba yung lamaw?

Speaks softly, but carries a sidearm...
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2010, 06:20:45 PM »

i do believe this yun kanin baboy or yun gruel na halo halong pagkain

Swine Manual Raffle
CaMoTe

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2010, 06:14:21 PM »

i do believe this yun kanin baboy or yun gruel na halo halong pagkain

thank you doc...

Speaks softly, but carries a sidearm...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy