Google
Pinoyagribusiness
April 20, 2024, 09:36:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: 150 days from birth is the average time you need to sell your pigs for slaughter and it is about 85 kgs on average.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a Hog farm or Poultry farm, help pls.  (Read 11001 times)
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2009, 08:22:01 PM »

IN terms of feed formulation try to see this link Feed formula.

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 08:24:23 AM »

Well my hog venture went broke.After spending all that money on decent barns and such my in laws are not business minded people and could only carry on if money kept coming from overseas.What happened to all the money that was collected from selling hogs,who knows will find out in April 2010 when I arrive on different business matters.Sometimes one mans dream may only be his own.
I have 11 sows and 1 boar now that I keep for myself,will I ever go back to 50 sows,doubt that will happen anytime soon as those barns now sit empty.

I heard of one foreigner in the Philippines that fed a white hog solely on malunggay leaves and it grew and when slaughtered was tooooooooooooooooooo lean.People are making their own feed formulation to feed their livestock.

Meat The Need:
mikey
gunder_3910

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 11:44:52 AM »

That is so sad Mikey. I hope you could be able to get back at it again. I've heard of OFW's coming home with the hope of returning home expecting a lucrative business upon their retirement. Unfortunately, similar stories about heartbreaking goings on back home usually happen. But there's still a bright side. Your barn houses must be double in cost if it were constructed today. One thing good about the high investments in hogs are the fixed assets that continue to appreciate despite the loss in the operation itself. Pump in cash again & u'r back in business. This is how i look at my business if in case this venture flops.

But my biggest concern however is that in hog raising, the feeds that traders sell are out of proportion! Their prices are unbelievably incredible. It's like your feeding pigs with gold! I don't blame any hog raiser to end up broke!  Huh Huh Huh ???If there's anything that should be done is to STOP buying from them and go back to the basic creation of our own feed formula.  Angry Angry Angry >:(I have made more than 10 comparisons & you can reduce the prices of feeds if you grow it from your farm. In this way, hog mash producers should revise their prices. I have already been trying this in the past 11 months with several hogs. My first litter produced 9 healthy piglets.

I guess, if I would look at my investment, if the land has no utang, that in itself is not an absolute loss. Land appreciates & that's where the real pork is. Hogs are just good for cash flow. Para hindi tayo magugutom while waiting for the price of land to appreciate. I've heard of someone developing his 15 har property, pouring in millions of pesos to his hog farm. After 5 years, it went broke. But apparently, he's recovering. He converted it into a subdivision and sells houses instead.

I've posted a mash formula that I have to pursue in the next 3-4 months because these are the only raw materials both my land can produce & what I can buy from the local store at somewhat reasonable prices. Dr. Nemo posted it & I was forced to reinvent it from there. The reason why some ingredients are missing is because local stores no longer sell the raw materials for a long time. They have shifted to premix formula, which WILL NEVER be financially viable. So i renovated it in the hope that I could make some profit. I wish somebody would give sound advises before I complete the purchase of this formula. I'm preparing this formula next week good for 20 hogs.

I just hope it works out with my mini-micro hog farm. You can have a look at it in the topic Feed formula.... or something like that title
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 06:54:27 AM »

Lesson learned,sometimes you win and sometimes you lose,thats life in the real world.

about your feed program,will look into it after.I would say one thing tho,me I would add charcoal to any feed I made myself to help eliminate scours,how much too add not sure maybe Doc. has some ideas.

the added problems with any livestock venture is their feed cost,plain and simple.The one who can find the cheapest means to produce has the best chances for success.Sometimes that profit is very small unless one has numbers.

Best of luck to all:
mikey

Meat The Need:
gunder_3910

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 04:07:56 PM »

That is so true... My other business survived because I was able to use rice husk & wood trims for fuel.... Cost cutting is the key to survival; thus, with numbers you're no longer surviving only but thriving.
bossingboy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 01:42:20 PM »

Starting po ako this December ng pag bababoy. So far available area ko is 4m x 4m. ung septic tank ay pwede eseperate kasi malaki din naman ang remaining area.

Hingi po sana ako ng suggestion ilan baboy pwede dito sa are ko na 4x4. bale bibili lang po ako ng biik at ako lang magpapalaki. May mga katanungan din po ako.

1. Kaya po ba 10 baboy sa area ko?
2. 90 days lang po target ko sa pagpapalaki. Kaya po ba abotin ang 85kg or 90kg sa loob ng 90 days lamang?

*backyard farm lang po ito. Bale testing ko po ito bago palakihin ang negosyo. Negros Occ po location ko. Wala po ako actual na experience sa pagbababoy, puro lang po libro at internet ang mga sources ko. Balak ko po e-pure feeds ang baboy. Ano po brand kaya ang maganda?

Salamat po sa mga magrereply.
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 10:59:13 PM »

sa 4 x 4 kasya ang 16 pigs.
Pero dahil starting ka pa lang naman better start sa 10 animals and as much as possible dpat magkakapatid lahat ito or isang akayan lang.

Kaya naman kaso bihira maattain ang 85-90 kgs within 3 months na alagaan.

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
virusrb15

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 10:27:08 PM »

Doc. Nemo and for those expert around, My family decided to move back to the philippines this year so I'm looking for business that can generate income. For now I'm in serious consideration of STARTING a HOG/SWINE/PIGGERY,if funds will allow I also wanted to start a poultry. My problem is, I'm new to this business. I kind a gathered some important information from this forum but it seems not enough.

My biggest problem right now is the marketing since I have no contact as yet, I'm also considering about contract grower but I guess I need to be there (PI) to handle the application part.

Now, my last question is your honest opinion, would it be wise to start this kind business? let say if I have P3,000,000.00 in my pocket right now. To add my land area is 7 Hectars and lots of BAMBOOS.

Thank you   
helow mr, try to visit www.vitarich.com if you want to build your poultry bussiness and hog farm bussiness i think they can help you in marketing your stocks.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy