Google
Pinoyagribusiness
October 18, 2024, 08:21:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: A sow will farrow in approximately 114 days.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a Hog farm or Poultry farm, help pls.  (Read 12049 times)
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 03:49:31 PM »

Rob,forgot to tell you,I asked the Doc. 1 time about contract hog producers,I believe he told me he never heard of such a thing yet,our location is Negros Oriental outside a little town of La libertad,district 1,would be hard to miss our place,the barns look better than the houses the locals live in,am sorry to say.Looks like we will have to work through 2008 to keep paying for everything there,am planning on going back in 2009 on a surprize inspection,I am a industrial painter,paint ships,towers,bridges etc,all high work,we call ourselves the half way to hell gang.The Westcoast here is booming,times like this one takes the cash,have worked construction for a long time,this industry cycles,good and bad years,while its booming now,it will crash at some point.Toronto,you should be here on the coast,this is a much better place to live,Toronto,east is east,but west is best.                   mikey
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 05:42:11 PM »

There are some multicompany that offering hog contract grower now but i am not sure in visayas or mindanao area. And also they ask for a million for house building etc.

Read this topic http://pinoyagribusiness.com/forum/swine/starting_a_swine_business-t11.0.html;msg34#msg34  by dok929
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 05:50:34 PM by nemo » Logged

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
SARA
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 08:28:38 PM »

I'm having a second thought. Contract grower really needs big capital.
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 01:46:23 AM »

Sara,start small,boys have big dreams,big dreams cost big money,Mr hog and I have over a $$$$$$$ each in our barns now.We both still have to pump money in to keep the operations going,some days it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.In the future Mr Hog will have a good size operation at his place,myself our hog operation will be much smaller,thinking about capping ours off around 44 sows now,We still need to build and fattening barn now,more money again.Be careful what you wish for,may come back to bite you in your ass.
Good Luck Boys                             mikey
SARA
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 03:34:10 AM »

Mikey, money flows eh. I pump more question once I get my piggery business going or maybe able to answer some question too. What I need right now is to see visually how my cage/barn look like thats why I've been surfing on the net about piggery cage/barn design.
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 02:40:56 PM »

Sara,information is golden,the more you know the better off you will be.
Good Luck             mikey
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 09:34:07 PM »

Hey sara build the same design as my farm  thats the most common style I believe I spent with septic tank  all the welder labour and other labour stuff 700,000 close to that amout anyway for 80 sow cages..everything is cement and steel.I believe it was a 2 month job for them you now contract.Plus we are set up to make bio gas with the septic tank.
SARA
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 10:23:14 PM »

Mr. Hog, I really need to see your place. I will let you know once I'm in the philippines.
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 10:47:46 PM »

Ok sara what you mean you would like to visit my farm?That would be ok I could arrange that.Do you have your ticket to go back to the phills yet?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 10:49:46 PM by mr hog » Logged
SARA
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 01:32:45 AM »

Mr. hog, My departure is on Dec. 12. I bought my ticket 6 months ago so this is it now. I have to face the reality. I will be all over the Philippines when I get there. I will be in CEBU,DAVAO,MANILA and BAGUIO. I will be visiting FARMS in all sorts.
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 10:37:44 AM »

your departure date is closing in are you getting excited?
SARA
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 01:45:38 PM »

Mr. hog, kind a excited and scared, you know how expensive it is back home.
gunder_3910

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »

Hello everyone,

It's been about 2 years now since Sara & company has updated this topic. Any news about his business? Has it prospered?

Thanks
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 12:35:09 AM »

no one ever heard from him again?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??If he stayed in the Philippines or came back to Canada,million dollar question?HuhHuhHuhHuh??
gunder_3910

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »

Too bad. I was looking forward to a kind of real-life drama unfolding. Whether it continued/s to be a success or a bad ending I believe would really be beneficial.

I'm putting up a farm on the next town where Sara was planning to locate. I started small about 2 years ago, but I'm hesitating to go full blast. On the other hand, what attracts me though are the prices of raw material like corn and rice bran which are way way cheap in that area. I could really use some suggestions since the land could be a good source of feeds for hog and poultry pioneering entrepreneurship. Can anyone post a good feed material percent constituency using crops direct from the land? Like Sara, indigenous materials like lumber and bamboo could temporarily be used until such time a good ROI could be achieved coupled with a consistent market -then, just like what's being advised, go full blast! With these indigenous matl's and cheap labor, I have come up with only 1/4th (thereabouts) the cost of construction of hog houses posted in one of the topics discussed here. Last July, I planted  and my corn crops yielded a double turn-over considering that prices of corn dropped to P7.50 per kilo because of the crop glut. But as soon as the glut fizzles out, a whopping P13 per kilo is being offered! Problem is, no corn would be available by then in the market. Likewise, fish meal is P10 in the local market. In short, the properties in that area have promising prospects. I could say it does because in spite of the devastation that typhoon Frank brought about, in just a year, one could be able to recover its losses.

My family just got a decision from the DAR -30 hars to be exact last 2007 exempting it from the CARP program because of its terrain of above 18% slope. 2 creeks traverses this steep property ending up in a river adjacent to the entire property. There are several springs in that barangay, so much so, that if one taps & engineers wisely, water will be a free-flowing supply to poultry/hog houses. The property is just adorable and I don't know where to begin. And it's too bad we haven't heard from Sara. I imagine he too has something like this.

Anyway, it would be nice to hear from Sara, you know, how his prospects turned out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy