Google
Pinoyagribusiness
October 18, 2024, 05:20:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: A sow will farrow in approximately 114 days.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Market Price of Hog in Your Area (live weight)  (Read 2856 times)
genie_ps
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2007, 07:19:36 PM »

It was between 80 & 83 last week.   
Today manage to sell at P85/kg.   ------ Orani, Bataan
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 09:34:40 PM »

Thankx genie for that info.whereabouts is that place close to manila?
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 11:26:20 AM »

Sir Genie,

May i ask, are you the distributor of ACE feeds and Robina in Bataan?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bro., I am not.  I'm just an ordinary neophyte farmer with small operation still trying to learn more about the business.

I believe, we can do a bit of a cooperation about the farm gate pricing if we only know the prevailing price around us.  Most of the time, (in our own locality) price is being dictated by biyaheros or vendors.  Although, supply and demand should be the prime factor but biyaheros tend to twist that always to their advantage.
Genie_PS
-------------------------------------------------
 It seems that the forum still have a little glitch. I would try to fix this.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 10:15:39 AM by nemo » Logged

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 03:25:28 AM »

Doc,the prices for hogs always swings upward the closer to Dec. for the holiday season,does it not.
Good Day
mikey   
genie_ps
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 08:28:12 AM »

Thankx genie for that info.whereabouts is that place close to manila?

Doc,

My operation is in Orani, Bataan.  100kms from Balintawak, Caloocan City.
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 09:03:08 AM »

sir genie may I ask your size of operation?
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 10:25:10 AM »

I believe, we can do a bit of a cooperation about the farm gate pricing if we only know the prevailing price around us.  Most of the time, (in our own locality) price is being dictated by biyaheros or vendors.  Although, supply and demand should be the prime factor but biyaheros tend to twist that always to their advantage.

we have once conducted a survey in Bataan and some area still go for bultuhan system/estimation in pricing their animal. So in the end most of them have little to no profit at all.

It is really a great help if you can at least know the price in your  area so you could not be fooled by biyaheros.

Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 10:27:04 AM »

Doc,the prices for hogs always swings upward the closer to Dec. for the holiday season,does it not.
Good Day
mikey   
Yup it always go high if it is nearing december and months of April and May. Demand of meat is high during this season.

And it will go down on June-October.

Swine Manual Raffle
genie_ps
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 12:14:17 PM »

sir genie may I ask your size of operation?

Sir, I have 33 active sows at present.  Still trying to expand.  Total heads inclusive of weaners, & boars = 265 heads.
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 12:49:53 PM »

Nice herd do you find the cost of the feeds to be expensive?and how do you get around that?
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 02:20:42 PM »

Genie_ps at that operation you could ask for a good volume discount with your feeds.

Swine Manual Raffle
genie_ps
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 03:01:02 PM »

Nice herd do you find the cost of the feeds to be expensive?and how do you get around that?

To be honest, the cost of feeds is really a pain in the neck.  I have been trying to educate myself on how to get around it.  Me and my wife have concluded that the only way to lessen the cost is by mixing our own feeds.  However, considering the initial capitalization for beginners like me, I still need to rely on credit terms that commercial feeds suppliers offer.   

In this business, sufficiency of capital plays an important role in getting around lots of problems that hampers profitability.   But, I've seen farmers who started from small operations and now reaping the fruit of their efforts rewardingly. 

genie_ps
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 03:08:25 PM »

Genie_ps at that operation you could ask for a good volume discount with your feeds.

I hope I could.  At present, I rely on suppliers who are able to help me start through their assistance by giving me longer credit terms.  Hopefully, once I am able to harvest in regular cycle, I definitely have to ask for a good volume discount.   But then again, resorting to mixing feeds from a proven formula would even be better.
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 12:25:30 AM »

I sure would like to get a proven formula for mixing the feeds.We did hire one worker for are farm but he only cleans the pigs and feeds them so not busy all the time..Maybe if we mixed the feeds he would be busy all day hehe and not sleeping during the afternoon .
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 09:10:22 AM »

Sir genie may I ask whats your feed cost per month for the 33 sows?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy