Google
Pinoyagribusiness
September 17, 2024, 04:14:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: A sow will farrow in approximately 114 days.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: can I make my own pig crumble  (Read 9308 times)
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 10:56:52 AM »

Urea, might be a better idea,already in dm form,my understanding use no more than 10% in total.
Later: mikey

its good idea when will you try it bro? kindly tell us the result thank you Smiley

mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 01:15:51 PM »

Slyfox,already use urea for our goats,no more than 10% but we mix it in their drinking water.Right now we are too spread out,too many different animals going on a once.The hogs will have to wait for some time yet,the goats are getting a upgraded barn,That story I was reading about using sweetpotato,already in use through out Asia including the Philippines,did not say where in the Philippines it is used as hog chow,somewhere there.Have been growing tangtong since 2005 and feed it to the breeding sows,raw,chopped up,we are lucky we grow our own corn,the plan is to take the tangtong and turn it into silage,cook and dry the corn meal will now become dm,add the urea,calicum,salt and molasses,as the hogs grown cut back on the tangtong and urea and add more corn and ricebran.The story did say that you can cook it if you wanted too,silage just seems easier to manage,cooking is a everyday job.The major problem I see in homemade chow is location,every location would have different feedstufs that one can use,knowing which ones one can use is the problem
From everything I have been reading,not impossible to mix up your feeds,just needs some fine tuning.
This plant sounds interesting I have been reading about Malunggay (mothers best friend),will increase milk production,and also contains alot of vitamins,grows all over our place,free for us to harvest the leaves and dry in to dm.
Later:
mikey Independant Producer Region 7
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 01:20:41 PM by mikey » Logged
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 05:32:48 PM »

Slyfox,already use urea for our goats,no more than 10% but we mix it in their drinking water.Right now we are too spread out,too many different animals going on a once.The hogs will have to wait for some time yet,the goats are getting a upgraded barn,That story I was reading about using sweetpotato,already in use through out Asia including the Philippines,did not say where in the Philippines it is used as hog chow,somewhere there.Have been growing tangtong since 2005 and feed it to the breeding sows,raw,chopped up,we are lucky we grow our own corn,the plan is to take the tangtong and turn it into silage,cook and dry the corn meal will now become dm,add the urea,calicum,salt and molasses,as the hogs grown cut back on the tangtong and urea and add more corn and ricebran.The story did say that you can cook it if you wanted too,silage just seems easier to manage,cooking is a everyday job.The major problem I see in homemade chow is location,every location would have different feedstufs that one can use,knowing which ones one can use is the problem
From everything I have been reading,not impossible to mix up your feeds,just needs some fine tuning.
This plant sounds interesting I have been reading about Malunggay (mothers best friend),will increase milk production,and also contains alot of vitamins,grows all over our place,free for us to harvest the leaves and dry in to dm.
Later:

KANGKONG.anyway  how many sows you have ?

mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 08:14:38 AM »

Slyfox,thanks for the correct spelling,have no real interest in hogs anymore,carry 30 something sows now.Flemingia also a bypass protein 18% cp,basically acts the same as urea.Our location too remote to get a decent price for our hogs,prices are always lower in the more remote places.Should we buy our own truck,truck the hogs to Cebu,might be worthwhile increasing the sow numbers again,for now just loosing money on the hogs.
Later: mikey,Independant Producer Region 7
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 10:54:32 AM »

what's your currrent hog price on your place?

mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2007, 11:24:12 AM »

Cheap Protein for Pigs: Scrap Fish

One of the richest sources of protein for pigs is fish. But fishmeal is expensive and not easily available in some places.  However, in places by the sea, there are opportunities to provide their pigs with cheap protein.

Manner of Preparation:

1.  Place the fishes in containers that are not metallic, must be clay pot or enamel.

2. For every 100 kilos of different fishes, add 3 liters mallic acid (or sulfuric acid). Acid stops the growth of microbes in the flesh of the fishes and from deterioration.

3. Put in an equal amount of corn, cassava, or grains.  This will increase the carbohydrate content of the mixture and will lower the acid percentage in the feed.

The resulting 1.5% acid will not damage the stomach or intestine of the pigs
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 01:15:30 PM »

Do not really know what the price per kg. is,buyers look at the hogs then make you a offer,take it or leave it,prices are below current market values,that is all I know.
Later: mikey
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 01:17:46 PM »

Mr Hog,there you go,see it is possible to mix ones own feeds,just have too play around with it for awhile,until you figure it out.
Later mikey
nigdelta

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »

Dr Nemo,
Good morning.
Here a newbie, just returned as OFW, got a land for agribusiness and want to start a piggery aside from planting.
Please kindly share me this feed formulation so i'll know what to include in my plants.
I'm an experienced mechanical engineer and also most willing to contribute any technical knowledge i can to this community.
Another new one here waiting for your benevolence.
Thanks,
nigdelta
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2008, 05:16:34 PM »

Greetings!

The feed that i formulate was only a basic one and it is in the range of starter feeds only and it is not tested. 
I just formulated it using excel.
I would try to look at my old files if i can find it.

If you live in luzon area it is best to use commercial feeds. But in areas like visaya and mindanao where pice of hog is very low using alternative is a good option.

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
nigdelta

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2008, 01:10:31 PM »

Dr. Nemo,
My farm will be in Antipolo. Commercial feeds will always be there, but definitely, i'll have to prepare some on my own due to the farm crops that i will grow.
Thanks for your time,
nigdelta
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »

Hi nigdelta welcome..Is it worth growing your own feeds?
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 07:00:16 AM »

Update experiment (07/10) results on homemade feeds:
corn bran
root crops ,tara roots and leaves,sweet potato and leaves
kangkong vine
papayas,bananas,coconuts
root crops,kangkong.papayas,bananas are cooked to a mash,when cooled down add the corn bran,shredded coconut and salt and molasses.
The formulation is now fed to only breeding sows,all healthy no signs of scours,maybe important to add livestock lime when sows pregnant.
Note: This formulation has not worked for weaned hogs(all died in the experiment so far) scours was the main problem,it is possible the feed change was too fast,will try it again later.
So far this shows some promise in making ones own feeds,more time consuming to make, but if one can grow their own feeds on their land it is possible to lower production costs:
Good Farming To All:
Slyfox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 12:04:00 PM »

Update experiment (07/10) results on homemade feeds:
corn bran
root crops ,tara roots and leaves,sweet potato and leaves
kangkong vine
papayas,bananas,coconuts
root crops,kangkong.papayas,bananas are cooked to a mash,when cooled down add the corn bran,shredded coconut and salt and molasses.
The formulation is now fed to only breeding sows,all healthy no signs of scours,maybe important to add livestock lime when sows pregnant.
Note: This formulation has not worked for weaned hogs(all died in the experiment so far) scours was the main problem,it is possible the feed change was too fast,will try it again later.
So far this shows some promise in making ones own feeds,more time consuming to make, but if one can grow their own feeds on their land it is possible to lower production costs:
Good Farming To All:

cheap feed and lots of mortality hmmmmmmmmmmm   disaster in the making.

Good Luck pare

hindi naman sa costing ang problema. kung magtaasan ang bilihin ng raw mats then we should also increase our selling  para lang kumita tayo.never sacrifice your pig on experimental feed kawawa naman yong baboy. kung papabayaan mo lang ang buyer mag dicta sa presyo  hindi ka na dapat mag negosyo ng baboyan
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:17:29 PM by Slyfox » Logged

mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008, 12:15:31 PM »

Hey slyfox what you mean good luck hehehhe? I know you have the forumla why dont you share some of your trade secrets with us?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy