Google
Pinoyagribusiness
April 20, 2024, 11:00:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: A sow will farrow in approximately 114 days.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: can I make my own pig crumble  (Read 8373 times)
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2007, 07:38:22 AM »

I think one should be able to make their pig crumble,lets be honest,a pig will eat anything,in North America lots of people feed their hogs food other than pig crumble,starting to plant food for our goats,soyabeans(seeds from Canada)whole wheat,barley,Philippine corn,mongobeans,is this not the basics for pig crumble(maybe not mongobeans)okay fishmeal,bloodmeal and bonemeal might be hard to find,salt,brown sugar and seaweed are all available,Someone in the Philippines must have the answer,the cost to raise and feed 50 piglets over $7000.00(CDN.) or P300000.00 and not much profit for all the work,at this rate even OFW cannot afford to help their families with pig operations,our breeding sows and boars get wet fed with corn,swamp cabbage,vegetables,fruits,brown sugar,seaweed and thay are all healthy and breed well,some of our sows have 18 per litter,its the weaned piglets that get the crumble or they get sick and die,there must be a answer to this problem.Thank-You   mikey
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 11:49:56 AM »

TO make crumble is a little bit difficult because of the machine needed.

There are some raisers today who is trying alternative feeds like mixing their own. Yes it will grow also but the problem is it will make the harvest time of the animal more longer Instead of 5 months it would take around 6-7 months.

Is it ok to ask if you are from Canada or other country than the Philippines? SO i could address your inquiry more accurately

Thanks

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 01:18:32 PM »

Hey what part of canada you from?
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 01:21:30 PM »

But I do beleive your feed cost is a little high?It does not cost 6000p per pig for fatting .
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 02:00:56 PM »

Mr.Hog,from British Columbia Canada, the west coast,as for the pig feed,it cost alot,the farm is located in Region 7 uplands,this is taken from our books
crumble 50kg. cost P600.00 to 1050. depends on how much was bought at 1 time
hog raised to 100kg. eats 10 50kg. sacks of crumble
cost =P6000.00 per head plus
overhead P500.00 per head plus
toal cost = P6500.00 plus
100kg. hog sold for P7000.00 each head
50 heads to 100kg. cost P300,000.00
sold in 2006 for P350,000.00
PROFIT = P50,000.00
Have red on the net about the large hog farms in the Philippines going broke ,they can no longer afford to fatten their hogs,not profitable any longer in the fattening business ,Buyers come from Cebu and visit farms here to buy livestock,do you really think us uplands people get a fair price for our livestock NO ,we do not,what other choice do we have,none of us have transportation to move our livestock to Cebu,from our place to Cebu is 1 days travel,sometimes overnight.People here no longer want the native pig,white pigs need alot of water,they are in my opinion high maintance,you have to hire people to build housing.welders for the metal dividers,water supply and pipes,hollow block  supplier,cement,rebar,the list goes on and on,We are only able to make a go at it because we sell  our pig at 2-3 months old for P1400.00 each,this is a niche market for us and so far the buyers buy them.Good Luck Farming      mikey
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 03:10:23 PM by mikey » Logged
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 05:58:23 PM »

Sir mikey,

Is it safe to say that you are more into piglets production rather than fattening. How many sow currently do you have.

If you like i could try to formulate a sow diet that you could use and try it first in one of your sow(form breeding to farrowing) if it would give you a good result then it is up to you to continue. Hope in this way it could cut your cost in swine production. Although please give me time to do it. Im a little busy right now.

To have an estimate for construction of your barn some expert in the field of swine allocate 40t per sow. I do believe included here is the cost of the sow, gestating stall, farrowing pen and housing.

Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mr hog
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 09:49:19 PM »

Hi mikey I am also from British columbia.How much is it per kilo live wait in your place?Her in davao it is 70-80 per kilo live wait.I believe if you have a large sow operation 100 hundred or more you will make good money. as in only having 10 sows.Milky have you looked into feed for credit programe?You pay after the hog have gone to the market..I know that people are always trying to get the piglets for a discount,when I was there last week just came back on aug 4 people would always ask sir can I get a discount 1700.The price per piglet is 1800 in are area.Hybreed is more I think.
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 03:24:46 PM »

Mikey,

I have made a swine formulation for fattener and sent it through your email. If you are really trying to look for an alternative feed you could try this although i cannot guarantee it for i have never tested it i have only computed it through referencing books. And also i would state that still the best feeds are the commercial feeds even it cost alot.

What i could only guarantee is that it is better compared to randomly feeding the pigs with just any feed stuff that is available.

Check also whether the cost to produce this feed is cheaper than what you are buying. If not then better to  continue your commercial feeds.

You could try to sample a few of your pig just to see if it is suited to their needs.

Nemo

Swine Manual Raffle
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 05:46:25 PM »

Mikey,

I send the file again.

Hope it could help

Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 02:56:35 PM »

Mr Nemo,you are a gentleman and a scholar,now I think we will be organic
next year with the formulation you emailed me,I wish to thank -you for all your advise and help.Have a good day    mikey

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:39:53 PM by mikey » Logged
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 05:58:54 PM »

Welcome.

Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 02:08:55 AM »

Dr. Nemo,we will try and make our own hog chow,thanks for that info you mailed me some time ago,the only question I have is about the (fish meal) not able to buy it at our place (realize this is high protein)was wondering if we could use hog crumble instead (one with the highest protein level),well this all depends on if the soy,wheat,barley will grow, just in the planting stage now,did let my brother in law know, one cannot feed straight from the plant,after harvest,store for 1 month,then use.
Good Day To You Doc.                     mikey
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 09:56:31 AM »

You can use it but there would be a changes in the proportion. I would recheck the data and send you another adjustment.

Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 02:46:17 PM »

Dr. Nemo,thank you     Have A Good Day                  mikey
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 07:14:21 AM »

Your welcome

Swine Manual Raffle
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy