Google
Pinoyagribusiness
July 27, 2024, 02:41:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: A sow will farrow in approximately 114 days.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to Sell goats?  (Read 5071 times)
alaminos_goatfarm

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 12:55:07 AM »

WE await the public presentation of the results of the goat meat standards we did more than a year ago with the Animal Product Development Center of BAI in Valenzuela City. AGF participation is providing boer goats, saanen and crosses for the study to determine the difference between the breeds in terms of bone to meat ratio. Data with native goats collected will also be compared. Because of the big sacrifice we did in slaughtering purebred goats we requested APDC to do some value added products for us like fabricating choice goat's meat cuts and vacuum sealing them in plastic bags for better presentation. They also did meat processing to come out with smoked hungarian sausages  and longaniza. For the goat  skin they had it made to hair on leather and leather.

For the choice cuts and smoked sausages we sold it to the A,B and C market and the manufacturing grade cuts we sold it to the C and D markets. For the shows we joined like the AgriLink Show we cooked caldereta using part of the manufacturing grade to showcase what can be done with the manufacturing grade cuts. There are still a lot to be learned and we need all the help we can get in goat meat fabrication, setting up the standard weights for slaughter and marketing.

PCARRD's Livestock Research Division  have commited to host the presentation of the results of the study this year but because of their busy schedule it hasn't happened. I suppose early next year would be reasonable to expect the results to be presented to the public.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:57:38 AM by alaminos_goatfarm » Logged
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 10:52:40 AM »

Its a big help to our industry when Alaminos helps all of us with their research data.

I would be the first to admit there are times I do not explain myself well enough and I only end up causing more confussion,forgive me for the confussion.

At times what I understand what the meaning means in english will confuse others.
In the beginning what I was experimenting with was grade standards for live goats.I should use the term grade selection over grade standard.Grade standard may mean to others goat meat cuts.Grade selection was the standard for live goats not goat meat cuts and I should not have added prime,choice,good and utility with selection#1,2,3,4.Selection #1 for a goat would be for goats like the boer with good muscle development and well managed,shinny coats and clear eyes and goats under a certain age.As I have stated, the people connected with the goat meat trade had no interest in a selection grade for live goats.Yes a grade standard would better be suited for processed goat meat cuts at the retail level.A goat of a certain breed well managed is of better quality over a native goat with a dull coat and a higher bone to meat ratio and the same can be said for a goat of a dairy breed with longer leaner muscles.In theory it would help any producer raising goats for meat if there was a national selection standard for live goats over what is in place now with a standard price placed on goats of any quality.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding with terminology.

Farmers Feed The World:
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy