Google
Pinoyagribusiness
October 18, 2024, 06:28:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: A sow will farrow in approximately 114 days.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Any succesful tips?
proven and tested - 0 (0%)
theoretical - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Tips on Tilapia Raising, native chickens and alternative feeds for pigs  (Read 2233 times)
vanessamarjohnson

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:25:14 PM »

Good day Doc Nemo,

i have a couple of important inquiries which i found that you are the resourceful person that can help me...which are as follows:

1st. i started last february a tilapia fishponds for almost 2000 square meters in our private area which has the nature of being swampy. we have no problem of water as it always rain there which makes the area always have water. my query is, we put atleast 10,000 fingerlings last feb, and this month, we found out that there are other fishes eating the fingerlings like "halwan" and "heto"...so they decided to drain the pond at this moment. got some of the halwan and heto but stil in doubt that not all. IS THERE ANY EFFECTIVE MEANS TO TOTALLY GET RID OF THEM? or if none, do i really need to worry of their existence while culturing tilapia? another question, besides breadcrumbs, what is the alternative feeds to add on so that the tilapia will start to grow faster and always not hide in the bottom of the pond during feeding time?

2nd. we raised native chickens since last year with 8 hens starting, but i noticed that the flock havent had grown faster in population as often times during the early days of teh chicks they died as they just walk with their mother...so i put a cage for them to have a shelter and get those chicks has a heatlamp...but lately, those rats are starting to attacked our chickens...we put rat traps but still doesnt get rid of the problem...is there any way how to get those chicks have high survival? pls give me any tips.thanks

3rd. we have 7 sows and recently 5 had given birth...whichhas 41 piglets at this moment..whch means our feeds consumption increases as some of them will be for roasting sizes before to sell..is there any feeds alternatives that i can possibly used to minimise the expenses please?,,,thanks alot...

have a nice day..hope to hear from you soon.
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:01:57 PM »

1. You need to clean the pond manually talaga then be sure na yun input and output outlet ay meron harang para ang nakakapasok lang is tubig at hindi ibang fish.

2. Better confine mo muna sa isang cage ang iyong mga alaga then put trap and dora sa perimeter . wait mo munang makarami kang huli sa trap and mamatay sa dora before mo pakawalan uli sila. Give your chicks vitamins and additional food source para bumilis ang production mo.

3. Alternative, rice bran, corn, soya etc.... question of price na lang po and dont expect na mabilis ang kanilang paglaki tulad ng pinakain ng pure feeds medyo babagal yan.

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
vanessamarjohnson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 02:50:47 PM »

thanks heaps doc nemo for your immediate response..highly appreciated...i will certainly take your advices...in terms of the alternative feeds i agree with you..the growth of the pigs will be highly affected by using those alternatives...i'l better stick into the pure feeds then..thanks again
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 08:17:33 PM »

I am not saying  na pangit ang alternative ... it is a question kasi ng price kung sobra mura ng feed ingredients sa inyo then malamang makakatipid ka.

But if you are a starter sa swine raising better stick ka muna sa commercial feeds and once alam mo na ang proper feeding , management etc... then you can na yun alternative

Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
coachfacto

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 05:19:31 PM »

pwede pong pahingi din ng guide on how to raise 45 days chickn? salamat po ng madami. more power..

rhizacamino

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 05:49:09 PM »

pede po humingi tips and guidelines sa pag raise ng pigs and goats ano po mga dapat tandaan at mga kailangan sa pag raise ng mga ito... ano po maganda ipakain sa pigs and goats... here's my emai; r2_feah@yahoo.com.ph
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 07:38:23 PM »

check your mail

Swine Manual Raffle
jane1304

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 10:57:49 PM »

thank you
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:01:43 PM by jane1304 » Logged
Tinkerbell

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 11:38:58 AM »

Hi Doc,

Good Day!

I would also like to request for a copy of tilapia raising guidelines.  Thanks.

Failing to plan is planning to fail.
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 07:18:24 PM »

check your mail

Swine Manual Raffle
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy