Google
Pinoyagribusiness
October 19, 2024, 12:43:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: 150 days from birth is the average time you need to sell your pigs for slaughter and it is about 85 kgs on average.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ammonia Exposure of 45-days Chickens (TREATMENT)  (Read 1521 times)
Jammy^

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2010, 10:13:28 PM »

Good evening,

We are having an emergency, nanghihina at namamatay ang mga manok namin these past few days then na discover namin na dahil ito sa ammonia(galing sa dumi nila). Ano po ba ang treatment sa mga manok na nalason na nito at ayaw nang kumain? Pano din po ito ma peprevent?

Salamat po!
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 12:11:15 AM »

possible na related sa init ng panahon yun ammonia na galing sa dumi, masyadong mainit kaya nag aacelerate yun production. proper ventilation and removing ng feces but kung  marami na nainhale ang animal that would be a problem Magvivitamins ka na lang at pag nakarecover at pwede nang benta, benta mo na agad  kasi malamang hindi na rin sila lalaki ng maayos.

Try to check din baka dahil sa sobrang init and not ammonia ang problem

No pork for one week makes a man weak!!!
Baboy= Barako, inahin, fattener, kulig
Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 11:26:08 AM »

all chickens produced by commercial operation worldwide suffers from the same problem.The ammonia in the flooring will cause burns on the chickens feet.I would think with the heat wave in the tropics now this problem will only get worse before it gets better.The only chickens that I have seen that have not been exposed to this problem is free range.
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 09:20:27 PM »

yeah, it is very hot here now in the philippines and it is making livestock industry more problematic

Pig feeds=Breeder/gestating, lactating, booster, prestarter, starter, grower, finisher.
Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:50:38 AM »

True,but at the same time it is driving the prices of chicken and pork up.So far we have had a much better survival rate on our day old chicks and I feel the added heat has something to do with this.
nemo
Veterinarian
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 07:50:27 PM »

THere is a possibility that it would improve the survival rate of DOC. But it will have a negative effect in the other stages.

Yup, it will drive the price up. Although, currently from as high as 97 pesos farm gate price , i think the farm gate now of broiler is around 60-70 pesos.

Also, a commercial raiser told me that some rumors are spreading that hatcheries are creating a pseudo void in the supply chain by sacrificing some DOC so prices will be at a high level. Just a rumor....

Swine Manual Raffle
mikey
FARM MANAGER

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 11:55:18 AM »

We are now into the white legghorn and rhode island reds for eggs not meet birds and it is true the prices for these 1 day old chicks are expensive also.The rhode island reds are dual purpose birds for meat and eggs but it cost alot more for feed to produce eggs from them over the white legghorns.We are now crossing the rhode island red roosters to the white legghorn hens to try and produce a chicken that will cost less to feed over the rhode island reds for eggs while we still mate the white legghorn roosters to white legghorn hens for replacers but our white legghorns still lay eggs everyday in this heat wave with no problems so far.I plan to replace the white legghorns yearly to keep production up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy