Google
Pinoyagribusiness
September 08, 2024, 10:18:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
affordable vet products
News: 150 days from birth is the average time you need to sell your pigs for slaughter and it is about 85 kgs on average.

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TranspOrting a Cattle to "FMD FREE ZONE AREA"  (Read 693 times)
burauen

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2010, 03:15:50 AM »

Sirs,

Hi, does anyone from the group who has a lot of knowledge in the procedure and paper works of transporting Cattle from Luzon to Visayas to please share your expertise especially on the quarantine issue.

Actually I am planning to buy a pure breed Brahman Cattle from "ANSA GENETIC" in Lipa Batangas. So if anybody has an idea kindly post your suggestion. I know we have some restriction of transporting an animal to the "FMD FREE ZONE AREA" which Leyte is a part of that mentioned area. But I believe there must be some quarantine procedure to follow in order to transport an animal but I have no idea on how it is being done. Any advised that could help is highly appreciated.
neodragon0l

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 05:08:42 PM »

We have the same problem with goats.  We called BAI and they said there is no way they are going to release any livestock from Luzon. DA and BAI have been really working hard to get Luzon certified to be FMD disease free.  Certification takes years.  I suggest that you look for the cattle in you need in Visayas or Mindanao.  Transportation will be hight for sure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

< >

Privacy Policy